Assisted Living in San Antonio, TX – Making Sure Your Loved One’s Needs are Met is the Top Priority
Are you looking for an assisted living facility for yourself or a loved one? If you’re looking around at the various options available to you or someone you know, there are 10 vital questions that you should ask (either of yourself or the elderly individual) that can help narrow down your choices.
First and foremost, your loved one may not be ready for assisted living just yet, but the more information you gather about this wonderful option, the easier it will be for you to let them know what options, amenities, and even activities may be available for them.
1. Is there going to be sufficient storage space in the rooms? Having enough closet space may very well be important. Keep in mind that the elderly individual is likely going to have to downsize significantly. However, there will be clothes, shoes, and other personal items they will want to keep with them and having proper, adequate closet space is important.
2. What do the current residents seem like? Happy? Morose? Energized? When you visit an assisted living facility, pay attention to the residents you come across. How they appear should give some indication about the type of lifestyle it is.
3. Is the location ideal? You might want your loved one closer to you, but he might want to be closer to friends. Make sure the location is ideal for the elderly individual.
4. What is your first impression upon stepping into the facility? Do you feel welcomed? Is a clean and well maintained?
5. Were you greeted in a positive way by a staff member? If staff members ignore you, how do you think they’d treat residents? It doesn’t mean residents are treated poorly and the staff member might have been dealing with a crisis, but if many staff members tend to ignore you, it could indicate the type of facility it is.
6. Can you talk to some residents? Respecting privacy is important, but when you’re serious about the prospect of moving into a facility, you should get the chance to at least talk to some of the residents.
7. Do the residents socialize with one another? Living in a friendly environment is important to positive health and well-being.
8. Are there plenty of opportunities for residents to get together, meet, talk, and play games? There should be facilities where the residents can get together, talk, and enjoy spending time.
9. What are the visiting hours? You want to be sure that visiting hours are reasonable for family and friends.
10. Are the rooms comfortable? Spending the majority of time in one’s own room or apartment means they should be clean and comfortable.
When you ask these questions while looking at assisted living, you’ll end up with the right one.
For more information about Pipestone Place Assisted Living in San Antonio, TX or to take a tour, call today (210) 718-0211.
- 7 Things to Consider in a Memory Care Facility This Fall - September 30, 2021
- Why Good Nutrition is Essential for Seniors with Dementia - August 24, 2021
- 7 Tips to Help you Find the Right Memory Care Facility for Your Parent - July 21, 2021